The Coached Athlete package is most suited to a goal orientated athlete, it involves the right guidance and structure with 1-2-1 input and feedback.
Athletes may have a background in another sport and already have a good physical and psychological understanding of themselves.
They are capable of implementing the plan and feedback on a regular basis. Available with Coach Sarah & Coach Beau
The Coached Athlete package will include:
- Coached athletes receive a specific fortnightly training plan based on their personal circumstances and the goals we initially agree.
- During the fortnight, a comprehensive, in depth 1-2-1 with your coach will work smartly around your available time and commitments.
- The 1-2-1's are substantial and can vary in length depending on the session planned, for example it could either be a 90min open water swimming & run session or a 3 hour endurance ride. We don't put time limits on our 1-2-1's, the athletes progression is our focus.
- Specific swim, bike and run sessions delivered in fortnightly blocks.
- Athlete-Coach communication will be on a frequent basis - we encourage athletes to be active with communication including feedback and session file uploads.
- As a coached athlete you'll receive a discount if you join British Triathlon & or British Cycling. Subsequently you'll be eligible to compete as a Racepace athlete in either Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon or British Cycling events.
- You would also be able to purchase any Racepace kit at cost price.
- We don't believe in contracts - you can enter an initial 4 week block or 1-2-1 session to see how it works for you.
Cost: £195 per 4 weeks
TESTIMONIAL - Amanda Walsh
I first started running approximately 15 years ago in my mid 30’s with the Women’s Running Network. Although I had been sporty at school and played women’s netball at club level I was never a runner. The network led me onto 10k’s, half-marathons and marathons. I then tried trail running at various distances. I was a member of the Virgin Gym at Preston and met Rodger there. I joined one of his triathlon blocks as it was something I had started to dabble in. I also did trail running with him on a Saturday.
I had done a few triathlons and duathlons and done okay for my age group. At the end of 2015 I decided to have a serious go at training and trying to qualify for a European/World Championship. For this I felt I needed some official coaching rather than the ad hoc training I had been doing. I met with Sarah Jepson and together we decided what my goal should be.
I have a demanding full time job that involves a lot of travel but with organisation and adapting my training schedule I managed to fit in a lot of training in and around my work. The funniest training session was a run/bike/run in London around Regents Park and using a Boris bike for part of it. Great memories. The training was hard but good and I learned a lot from it having a 1-2-1 with Sarah regularly. I improved over the year and became more professional in my approach to each discipline.
My goal to qualify for the World Championships was achieved and it was a completely amazing experience. I was very proud to represent my country, it was an experience I will never forget and couldn’t have achieved it without the training and support I had this year from Sarah and Racepace.